Thursday, May 18, 2017

Cake Shake


Cake Shake..Milkshake made with leftover cake, and a few more ingredients..Finally I got some courage today to turn on my PC, after the 'ransomware' threats :).. 10 days back, my kid turned 3 yrs old, Alhamdulillah! So, I made a mini feast for the lunch. Gulab Jamun, and Custard-cornflour sponge cake which I found from the internet, were also in my menu, and I made them the previous day itself. Everything was very tasty, n my kid too loved it a lot. 

For a couple of days, I fed her the cake as it is, n reserved one final piece to make a recipe with it. Had some leftover sugar syrup too from the Gulab Jamun. So, my idea was to combine it too in the dish. First I thought to make a pudding with it, then changed my mind to try something new. My kid enjoyed it so much, so as we. 


RECIPE:
-------------------------------------------
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
Serves: 1 person
-------------------------------------------
INGREDIENTS: [1 cup=240 ml]
-------------------------------------------
Boiled Warm Milk - 250 ml
Cashews - 7
Leftover Sugar Syrup - 1/4 cup
Leftover Cake - 1/2 cup(after crumbled)
Cocoa powder - 1 tsp 
Almonds - 4


METHOD:
----------------
1. In a blender, add the cashews, little milk enough to blend, and grind it for a few seconds till the cashews become a smooth puree or paste.


2. Now crumble the piece of cake finely. You will get 1/2 cup. Add it to the blender. 


3. Next add little more milk till the cake crumbles are immersed. Add the cocoa powder too, and blend well till the cake and cocoa is well ground. Adjust cocoa powder according to its bitterness, since each brands may vary in it.



4. Now add the remaining milk little by little, and then the sugar syrup. If you have little gulab jamun pieces in the syrup, add it too. It gives a nice taste as well. Blend again to a smooth shake. Garnish with chopped almonds and refrigerate until served. DONE!!


Your yummy cake shake is ready to be served!!Njjoy!!


NOTE:
-----------
1. You can also strain the shake finally to get rid of the minute particles. But, I recommend to have it as it is.

2. You can use any leftover cakes. To know the source of the cake recipe, click here. Please note that, I skipped the combote and cream sections.

3. You can also add sugar instead of sugar syrup. The sugar syrup was made from 2 cups sugar, 1 cup water, rose water, boiled for 10 mins approximately, and finally added with some lemon juice. 

4. Milk, cake, sugar are the basic ingredients here. Remaining is your choice, and you can innovate as much as you can, like adding icecreams, fruits, sprinkle toppings, etc etc. I added the remaining ingredients carefully little by little, since I wanted the taste of the cake to be completely reflected in the shake, and it turned out as expected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment